The Texas A&M Gymnastics Invitational meet is on February 9, 2019. The meet will be held at the PEAP building on the campus of TAMU. We will be hosting two sessions, a level 8 session beginning at 9:30 a.m and a level 9 and men's session beginning at 1:30 p.m. Tickets will be $5(cash please), children under 5 years of age get in for free. Parking is free in lot 100C across from the PEAP building from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
The meet will be located at Rock Solid Athletics, 6205 43rd Street, Lubbock, Texas 79407.
There will be one session. Warm-up will start at 4:30pm and march in at 5pm. There are two floors and two vaults, so men will be on one side and women on the other.
Admission fees will be $10 for adults and $5 for kids and students with a student ID.
Texas Gymnastics is hosting our competition on Saturday, March 3rd at Austin Gymnastics Club! Admission is $10.
There will be two sessions: Session 1 will begin at 12:00 PM and will include all Women's Level 8 teams. Session 2 will begin around 5:00 PM* and will include the Women's Level 9 and the Men's Teams.
*Dependent on session 1 end time
Level 8s begin at 1:00 pm and Level 9s begin at 5:00 pm (subject to change with ending time of Session 1).The meet will be at Zero Gravity Gymnastics (8043 Robinson Industrial Park Dr, Robinson, TX 76706). The entrance is located on the back side of the building, and parking is available in both the front and back.
- Level 8 session open stretch is from 1:00-1:30 pm.
- Level 9/Open (all alumni and AGC) session open stretch is from 5:00-5:30 pm
- Each competitor will be given 2 minutes to warmup at each event.
- Spectator fees will be $5 for adults and $3 for children.
On February 10th the Level 8 women will travel to Richardson to compete in the UTD Invite.
Location: Rogue Athletics (4505 McEwen Rd. Dallas, TX, 75244)
Warm-up will begin at or before 6:30 PM. March-in will be at 8:00 PM. Spectator fees are $10 for adults and $5 for children 5 and under. There is street parking available as well as a parking lot in front of the gym and across the street.
HNI is happening on Friday, February 2nd. We will be leaving around 1pm. Be sure to talk to your profs now if you will be missing class!!
Men and women will be split into two separate gyms. Men's Warm up starts at 4:45, competition begins at 6:15. Women will begin competition at 5:00pm.
Link to meet website for more info: http://www.hnimeet.org/
Team pictures will be on Sunday, January 28th at 3 pm SHARP.
- We will meet in front of the Quad arches and we will all walk to my office together because it's kind of confusing to get to and it's locked.
- We will be wearing our new uniforms! Bring your gray team shirt, warm up top, and your crop leggings / adidas pants just in case!
Please be sure to CLEAN your uniform!
Our home meet is fast approaching! It will be split into two sections, with Level 8 Women in the first session, and Level 9 Women and Men in the second.
Open Stretch -- 9:30am
March In -- 10:00am
Level 9 and Men:
Open Stretch -- 1:30pm
March In -- 2:00pm
- Friday, January 26th - 5pm until finished
- We will meet inside the gym and start prepping the equipment to take into the big gym. We won't move into the big gym until 6 pm!
- We will have assignments for each person on the day of set up. If you have a specific event you know really well and would like to help with, let me know!
- Tear Down
- Saturday, January 27th - immediately after the meet!
- There are also chairs that we rent from Party Time that we will need help returning, so even though the gym will be put back together we will need help with those as well!
- The Meet!
- 2 Sessions - Capital Cup
- Level 8 - 9:30 am
- Level 9 & Men - 1:30 pm
- You must work at the session that you are not competing in! Please be there an hour before each session starts to help with set up. So Level 9 and Men will need to be at the meet by 8:30 and Level 8 will need to start soon after they finish competing.
- A google doc will be sent at the beginning of the semester to sign up for specific jobs!
- Set Up, Tear Down, and working during the opposite session is REQUIRED. If you do not show up for these things, you will be fined. If you are sick, have an injury, or have an exam, let me know ASAP.
- If you are in an organization that people need volunteering hours, let us know and we can put them to work! Emily or I will sign off on any paperwork if needed.